Russia blocking gas supply from Slovakia - energy ministry
Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Eduard Stavytsky partially confirmed the information that the Russian Gazprom is blocking the supply of gas to Ukraine from Slovakia.
"I will not definitely comment, but to some an extent this information is correct," he said in Luxembourg.
The official said that Ukraine hopes to resolve the issue of reverse gas supplies from Europe via Slovakia in July. This is from 10 to 20 billion cubic meters of gas.
"There will be a meeting in Brussels on July 4 with European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger, which will finally resolve the issue. So we are waiting for the signing," he said.
As reported, in mid-May Ukraine began test gas imports from Slovakia.
Adapted from UKRINFORM
More on the topic
- 18.12.2013 Russia cuts gas price for Ukraine to $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters
- 25.11.2013 Gazprom not revising gas contract with Ukraine
- 11.11.2013 Naftogaz stops gas purchases from Gazprom, media reports say
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine's EU integration will make Gazprom's participation in GTS consortium impossible
- 04.10.2013 Russian natural gas for Ukraine to cost about $410 in Q4, 2013
- 03.09.2013 Naftogaz planning to cut Russia gas purchase to 18 billion cu m in 2014
- 29.08.2013 Boiko, Miller agree on gas transit
- 02.08.2013 Naftogaz to pump up to 2.5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas in August
- 02.07.2013 Russia, Ukraine not negotiating consortium to manage GTS - Gazprom CEO
- 01.07.2013 Gazprom unwilling to store gas in Ukraine - Miller
- 25.06.2013 “Gazprom” plans natural gas supplies to Ukraine from Slovakia
- 05.11.2012 Rejection of Russian gas will cost Ukraine 207 billion dollars