Almost 95 percent of Azerbaijan’s export consists of oil and gas production
Azerbaijan exported around $21.5 billion worth of oil and oil products in Jan.-Sep. 2013, according to the balance of payments published by the country's Central Bank.
Oil and gas products accounted for 94.7 percent of exported goods.
Around $1.2 billion of the total volume of exported oil products was oil processing products. The country exported about $20.3 billion worth of oil.
Azerbaijan International Operating Company (AIOC) produced around $19.1 billion worth of the total volume of the exported oil. Other entrepreneurs exported around $1.2 billion worth of oil and some $120.8 million fell to the condensate from the Shah Deniz field and over $1.01 million came from the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR).
The total cost of the exported products from the oil sector increased by 13.1 percent in a year and amounted to over $1.26 billion.
In total, the export from Azerbaijan during the reported period amounted to over $23.8 billion compared to $24.6 billion in Jan.-Sep. 2012.
Adapted from TODAY.AZ
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Azerbaijan suspends gas delivery to Russia
- 14.01.2014 Azerbaijan defines route for pumping additional oil volumes
- 09.01.2014 SOCAR Petrolium Georgia stopped importing oil products from Azerbaijan to Georgia
- 27.12.2013 Azerbaijani SOCAR, Dutch Fugro shake hands for JV
- 01.11.2013 SOCAR embarks on well drilling as part of creation of underground gas storage
- 03.10.2013 SOCAR Turkey: Azerbaijani gas to be cheaper than Iranian or Russian
- 18.09.2013 SOCAR to purchase DESFA at the cost of state funds
- 03.09.2013 SOCAR dismantles platform in Bulla-Deniz field
- 20.08.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia in talks on reverse oil pumping via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline
- 28.06.2013 Shah Deniz Consortium chooses TAP for Southern Gas Corridor
- 24.06.2013 Black Sea Trade and Development Bank approves loan for SOCAR