SOCAR dismantles platform in Bulla-Deniz field
SOCAR (the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan) has dismantled and transported to land about 35-40 per cent of drilling equipment located on the emergency well in the Bulla-Deniz field in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea, a SOCAR statement published on Friday, said.
"Measures to prevent the accident taken by specialists of SOCAR and the Ministry of Emergency Situations are carried out in accordance with the prescribed schedule", the statement said.
The fire engulfed exploration well No.90 in the north-east wing of Bulla-Deniz. The sea depth at the field is 26.5 metres.
According to SOCAR, ignition happened at night on Saturday during drilling at a depth of 5868 metres.
An open gas blowout took place at 23:30 local time which was followed by fire.
All 62 workers who were at the platform were evacuated to the shore, there were no casualties.
Earlier in the result of the work the fire was localized and oriented vertically.
Adapted from Today.az
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Azerbaijan suspends gas delivery to Russia
- 14.01.2014 Azerbaijan defines route for pumping additional oil volumes
- 09.01.2014 SOCAR Petrolium Georgia stopped importing oil products from Azerbaijan to Georgia
- 27.12.2013 Azerbaijani SOCAR, Dutch Fugro shake hands for JV
- 16.12.2013 Almost 95 percent of Azerbaijan’s export consists of oil and gas production
- 01.11.2013 SOCAR embarks on well drilling as part of creation of underground gas storage
- 03.10.2013 SOCAR Turkey: Azerbaijani gas to be cheaper than Iranian or Russian
- 18.09.2013 SOCAR to purchase DESFA at the cost of state funds
- 20.08.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia in talks on reverse oil pumping via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline
- 28.06.2013 Shah Deniz Consortium chooses TAP for Southern Gas Corridor
- 24.06.2013 Black Sea Trade and Development Bank approves loan for SOCAR