Shah Deniz Consortium chooses TAP for Southern Gas Corridor
The Four Seasons Hotel hosted a meeting of the Shah Deniz Consortium, officials of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and diplomats at 11.00 am where the TAP was chosen as the final route to transfer Shah Deniz-2 gas to Europe through the Southern Gas Corridor.
The TAP route will run through Greece, Albania, Adriatic Sea to Apulio (Italy) and West Europe. AXPO (Switzerland, 42.5 % of shares), Statoil (Norway, 42.5 %) and E. ON Ruhrgas (Germany, 15%) are the shareholders of the project. TAP construction will start in 2015.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Azerbaijan suspends gas delivery to Russia
- 14.01.2014 Azerbaijan defines route for pumping additional oil volumes
- 09.01.2014 SOCAR Petrolium Georgia stopped importing oil products from Azerbaijan to Georgia
- 27.12.2013 Azerbaijani SOCAR, Dutch Fugro shake hands for JV
- 16.12.2013 Almost 95 percent of Azerbaijan’s export consists of oil and gas production
- 01.11.2013 SOCAR embarks on well drilling as part of creation of underground gas storage
- 03.10.2013 SOCAR Turkey: Azerbaijani gas to be cheaper than Iranian or Russian
- 18.09.2013 SOCAR to purchase DESFA at the cost of state funds
- 03.09.2013 SOCAR dismantles platform in Bulla-Deniz field
- 20.08.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia in talks on reverse oil pumping via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline
- 24.06.2013 Black Sea Trade and Development Bank approves loan for SOCAR