Black Sea Trade and Development Bank approves loan for SOCAR
The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB) will allocate a loan worth $58 million to the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijani Republic (SOCAR), BSTDB chairman Andrei Kondakov told media.
"The Board of Directors has unanimously approved the decision about the BSBTD's joining the Star refinery construction project," he said. "The loan will be allocated for a period of 18 years. The exact term is still being discussed."
According to him, it is the largest loan in the BSTDB's history.
"The bank usually allocates the loans for up to 10 years," he said. "The loans of such an amount are generally delivered under the sovereign guarantees. In this case, such guarantees are not required, as we consider SOCAR as a very serious and reliable partner."
Adapted from today.az
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Azerbaijan suspends gas delivery to Russia
- 14.01.2014 Azerbaijan defines route for pumping additional oil volumes
- 09.01.2014 SOCAR Petrolium Georgia stopped importing oil products from Azerbaijan to Georgia
- 27.12.2013 Azerbaijani SOCAR, Dutch Fugro shake hands for JV
- 16.12.2013 Almost 95 percent of Azerbaijan’s export consists of oil and gas production
- 01.11.2013 SOCAR embarks on well drilling as part of creation of underground gas storage
- 03.10.2013 SOCAR Turkey: Azerbaijani gas to be cheaper than Iranian or Russian
- 18.09.2013 SOCAR to purchase DESFA at the cost of state funds
- 03.09.2013 SOCAR dismantles platform in Bulla-Deniz field
- 20.08.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia in talks on reverse oil pumping via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline
- 28.06.2013 Shah Deniz Consortium chooses TAP for Southern Gas Corridor