Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
The monitoring report on the honouring of obligations and commitments by Moldova towards the Council of Europe will be presented at the autumn session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE).
The meeting will take place in Strasbourg on 30 September – 4 October, the parliament’s communication and public relations department has reported.
A Moldovan parliamentary delegation, headed by Deputy Speaker Liliana Palihovici, will attend the PACE session. The delegation is composed of MPs Ana Gutu, Stella Jantuan, Valeriu Ghiletchi, Grigore Petrenco.
The report will be presented by the PACE’s co-rapporteurs on monitoring of obligations and commitments by Moldova, Lise Christoffersen şi Piotr Wach, at the PACE’s plenary meeting on 2 October. After the debates, the PACE will adopt a resolution on the functioning of the Moldovan democratic institutions.
On the PACE autumn session’s agenda are also included debates on such items as: the parliamentary elections in Albania, functioning of the democratic institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the children’s right to physical integrity, ombudsman institution in Europe, national security and access to information, food safety, fight against discrimination of elderly people on the labour market.
The agenda also includes speeches by Armenian President Armeniei Serzh Sargsyan, Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, the chairman of the Russian State Duma, Sergey Naryshkin, the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjørn Jagland.
Adapted from Moldpres
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 24.12.2013 Moldovan top court to receive large grant
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 08.11.2013 Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 07.10.2013 Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise
- 12.09.2013 EU to financially support Moldova to meet prerequisites for signing association agreement