EU to financially support Moldova to meet prerequisites for signing association agreement
Moldova will receive 30 million euros from the European Union, in order to meet the prerequisites for signing the Association Agreement, the government’s communication and press relations department has reported.
The cabinet members approved a draft law on the ratification of a financing agreement between the Moldovan government and the European Union.
The framework programme on the support of the agreements under way and the future ones between Moldova and the EU will allow implementing more projects: Twinning, TAIEX, SIGMA and will provide technical assistance worth 30 million euros. The money will be earmarked to work out and revise the national policies, the legislation in the field of reforming the public administration, justice, home affairs and trade, so that the provisions of the Moldova-EU Action Plan should be applied within the European Neighborhood Policy, as well as for Moldova’s participation in the EU programmes and agencies.
The programme’s goal is to strengthen the institutions and meet the prerequisites needed to sign the association agreement, create free trade zone and advance to a visa free regime.
The institutions benefitting from European assistance are the Finance Ministry, Interior Ministry, the National Centre for Date Protection, National Agency for Competition Protection etc.
The financing agreement has a 7-year-period and will involve financial commitments on behalf of the Moldovan government only for the investments sector, which represents a 20-per cent state budget contribution.
Adapted from MOLDPRES
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 24.12.2013 Moldovan top court to receive large grant
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 08.11.2013 Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 07.10.2013 Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 02.10.2013 Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise