Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to achieve the most important goal after the Vilnius summit – signing the Association Agreement as soon as possible. The statement is contained in a declaration by the Joint Commission for European Integration of the Moldovan and Romanian parliaments, which convened at a meeting in Chisinau on 5 November.
After a two-hour meeting, the commission issued a joint declaration, which sees that both sides reaffirmed the constant interest of the states they represent in extending and diversifying the bilateral relations in all the sectors of mutual interest.
The co-head of the joint commission, Ana Gutu, told a news briefing that, in the declaration, the commission’s members highlighted the special importance of the Eastern Partnership Summit, that would irreversibly comply with Moldova’s manifestation of will on giving the final touches to the association agreement as soon as possible, including the accord’s trade liberalisation component, as well as the visa free regime with the EU.
Also, the commission recommended that the Romanian parliament’s Senate and Chamber of Deputies and the Moldovan parliament adopt the proper resolutions on the Eastern Partnership Summit due in Vilnius.
Adapted from Moldpres
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 24.12.2013 Moldovan top court to receive large grant
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 07.10.2013 Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 02.10.2013 Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise
- 12.09.2013 EU to financially support Moldova to meet prerequisites for signing association agreement