Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
Prime Minister Iurie Leanca October 4 met Director of Lending Operations in Eastern Neighbours & Central Asia Heinz Olbers, of the European Investment Bank (EIB), accompanied by the head of Division Lending Operations in Moldova and Ukraine, Marion Hoenicke, the government’s communication and media relations department has reported.
The officials discussed the projects financed by EIB in the area of transport infrastructure, energy and export promotion.
Olbers highlighted the projects of the road infrastructure sector, with the works due to start in 2014. Leanca underlined the importance of the investments in infrastructure in order to create new jobs, modernise the economy and enhance competitiveness.
Referring to the energy area, the sides approached the new projects on the connection of the electricity network to the European Union’s one, and in the long run, to provide the Moldovan consumers with alternative power resources at justified prices.
As for the export promotion, the officials tackled the Filiera Vinului (Wine Way) project, implemented starting from 2010, in order to support the local winemakers to modernise and promote the Moldovan goods on the European Union’s market. So far, 15 companies of this area have benefited from this project, financed by the European Investment Bank, which facilitated their access on the EU sales markets.
The sides also approached an initiative on expanding the concept of the above-mentioned project in other fields as well, thus providing real support to all the exporters of agro-food products within the modernisation and adjustment to the European quality standards via accessible financial resources, such as cheaper credits.
Iurie Leanca praised the constant assistance provided to Moldova, specifying that the country was interested in launching important projects that would improve the citizens’ living standards.
Adapted from Moldpres
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 24.12.2013 Moldovan top court to receive large grant
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 08.11.2013 Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 02.10.2013 Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise
- 12.09.2013 EU to financially support Moldova to meet prerequisites for signing association agreement