Moldovan top court to receive large grant
The parliament approved an agreement on grant between Moldova and the International Development Association on the earmarking of one million dollars to the Strengthening Capacities of Moldova’s Chamber of Auditors Project.
The agreement was signed on 14 August 2013 and aims at boosting the public external audit function in Moldova, by increasing the efficiency of the audit activity and consolidating the capacity the Chamber of Auditors.
The grant will be used to develop and implement the methodological basis on financial audits and increase the number and coverage of performance audits.
Under the agreement, the planned activities funded by the grant will contribute to carrying out several controls, which will bolster the government’s efforts to implement institutional reforms, such as social insurance programs, information technology and communication (ICT), road safety.
Adapted from Moldpres
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 08.11.2013 Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 07.10.2013 Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 02.10.2013 Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise
- 12.09.2013 EU to financially support Moldova to meet prerequisites for signing association agreement