An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
Ukraine will complete the construction and begin the trials of the new An-178 aircraft in 2014.
Ukrainian Industrial Policy Minister Mykhailo Korolenko said this in an interview with the Kommersant-Ukraine newspaper.
"We are planning to finish the construction and begin the trials of the new An-178 in 2014," he said.
In addition, according to Korolenko, in the near future the Atonov State Enterprise plans to complete the modernization of the An-124 Ruslan transport aircraft and prepare it for mass production.
A restructuring of the company will be conducted and the Antonov Holding will be created in order to successfully implement these projects.
At the same time, the design of the An-70 aircraft, which is being implemented jointly with the Russian Defense Ministry, has currently been stopped.
"Last year we completed the aircraft for the installation of upgraded equipment and conducted more than 50 flights, and 680 flights have been performed since the beginning of trials... This January we passed the first package of documents for the aircraft to the Russian Defense Ministry. However, further work on the transfer of technical documentation has been suspended by the Russian Defense Ministry, and the project is currently in limbo," he said.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 18.10.2013 Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 11.09.2013 Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 29.08.2013 Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 09.07.2013 Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts
- 20.06.2013 Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%