Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
Ukraine and Russia have agreed to complete the trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1, 2014.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said this at a government meeting on Thursday.
"We have agreed to complete the joint flight tests of the best-in-class An-70 transport aircraft so as to make a decision on its mass production by February 1 next year," Azarov said.
The premier added that at a meeting of the committee on economic cooperation of the Ukrainian-Russian intergovernmental commission in Kaluga the sides had agreed to resume mass production of An-124 planes equipped with Ukrainian engines.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 24.09.2013 An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
- 11.09.2013 Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 29.08.2013 Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 09.07.2013 Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts
- 20.06.2013 Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%