Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
“Krymaerorukh” Company plans to commission two radio locators to ensure the flight safety.
According to the press service of the Crimean Republican Committee on Transport and Communication, one of them has been installed at the territory of the International Airport “Simferopol”. It will ensure the airfield overview and supervise the situation on the ground. Thus, “Simferopol” airport will get the possibility for “blind” landing and taxiing of aircrafts.
Works on the installation of a mono-pulse radio locator SIR-S are currently carried out at the south-east of the Crimea near Feodosiya. This device will provide the possibility to improve the radar coverage of the south-east air space, to enhance the flight safety, and to intensify the traffic of aircrafts.
The radio locator will ensure the safe traffic of the air transport within the 400 km radius and will also control the south-east territory of the Crimea.
More on the topic
- 18.10.2013 Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 24.09.2013 An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 29.08.2013 Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 09.07.2013 Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts
- 20.06.2013 Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%