Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
Ukraine's state-controlled Antonov and Russian Aviakor–Aviation Plant approved a road map of the joint venture for the programme on the development of the An-140 aircraft family.
The document was signed on the eve of the opening day of the MAKS 2013 air show in Zhukovsky near Moscow, Antonov's press office said in a statement.
"The main purpose of this project is to develop an effective strategy for the joint implementation of a programme on the development of the An-140 plane family in compliance with the interests of the parties to it," reads the report.
The road map provides for the establishment of a working group of experts from the joint venture participating companies, which will develop the necessary documents to further promote the An-140 project, including a draft business plan. Experts will also prepare the rationale for the formation of the decisions of public authorities of the two countries on the need for the joint venture and providing government support for the implementation of the program.
An-140 is a regional cargo-and-passenger airliner, designed for mixed passenger and cargo traffic at a distance of 3,700 kilometers. In addition to primary production in Kharkiv, the aircraft is also produced in Russia under HESA license - in Iran under the name IR.AN-140. An-140 can carry up to 52 passengers.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 18.10.2013 Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 24.09.2013 An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
- 11.09.2013 Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 09.07.2013 Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts
- 20.06.2013 Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%