Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%
In the first 5 months of 2013 airlines have cut down the transportation of passengers in Ukraine by 8.7% - up to 2.3 million people.
At that, the passenger traffic has been reduced by 24.7% - up to 3.56 billion passenger kilometers. I.e., both the total number of passengers and the average flight distance have gone down.
Experts connect this recession with the termination of “AeroSvit” activities and with the active growth of the passenger flow in 2012 during the preparation for Euro-2012.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 18.10.2013 Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 24.09.2013 An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
- 11.09.2013 Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 29.08.2013 Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 09.07.2013 Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts