Odessa Aircraft Plant to Launch Production of Two New Aircraft
The state-owned Odessa Aircraft Plant (formerly known as Odesaviaremservis) intends to launch serial production of two models of small aircraft - the C09-Dolphin and the Farmer-300 - in the period of 2013-2014, a CFTS correspondent writes.
This intention is stated in the Program for Sustainable Industrial Development in the Odessa Region for the period of 2013-2015, which was adopted at a session of the Odessa regional council on July 4.
UAH 81.8 million will be invested in in production of the Dolphin multipurpose light-engine airplanes over the period of two years. As stated in the program, the aircraft is necessary for "performing flights on domestic routes and monitoring land and water surfaces."
The Farmer-300 aircraft is intended for supply to agricultural enterprises for improving the quality and volumes of processing of farmland. UAH 30 million will be invested in its production in 2014.
These aircraft models were first displayed at Odesaviaremservis in November 2011. The two models have similar parameters: a length of about 7 meters and a wingspan of about 10 meters.
Adapted from cfts.org.ua
More on the topic
- 18.10.2013 Ukraine, Russia to complete trials of An-70 aircraft by February 1
- 03.10.2013 Research: foreign low-costs break Ukrainian air transportation rules
- 24.09.2013 An-178 trials to begin in 2014 - Industrial Policy Ministry
- 11.09.2013 Two radio locators for flight safety to be commissioned in the Crimea
- 29.08.2013 Ukroboronprom, Aviaexport agree on repair of helicopters, planes
- 29.08.2013 Ukraine, Russia to set up joint venture for An-140
- 09.08.2013 New airline to conduct flights in Ukraine
- 02.08.2013 Passenger traffic in Ukrainian airports 4 percent up
- 10.07.2013 Kherson residents become witnesses of original show by British “Air Squadron”
- 09.07.2013 Ukrainian Government to support four projects in aircraft construction
- 25.06.2013 “Antonov” and Turkish Aerospace Industries negotiate joint manufacturing of aircrafts
- 20.06.2013 Avia passenger flow in Ukraine in January – May cut down by 8.7%