Ukraine, Russia will optimize joint customs control on border
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine studied a list of state bodies, whose representatives are authorized to participate jointly with Russian counterparts in examination of persons, vehicles and goods on crossing the Ukrainian-Russian border.
This work will raise effectiveness of foreign-trade operations, the Cabinet's information and analytical portal informs.
«The list, in particular, included: Revenues and Duties Ministry of Ukraine (its structure includes customs and tax services), border guard system, ecological inspection, veterinary and phytosanitary service. In addition, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Luhansk, Donetsk and Simferopol border guard detachments were entitled to participate in development of technological control schemes, which are carried out jointly with Russian specialists», – a statement reads.
On the Russian side, such authorities were received by the Federal Agency for Development of State Border Facilities and the Federal Security Service, which includes several services, such as border guard, customs, veterinary and phytosanitary control services, supervision of consumer rights protection and human welfare.
This is envisaged by the intergovernmental cooperation agreement, signed by Ukraine and Russia in October 2011. The document says that through diplomatic channels the countries must inform one another about the bodies, to which authorities are delegated to develop and implement joint control mechanisms on the border.
The Foreign Ministry of Ukraine notes that this agreement created framework agreement-legal basis for implementation of joint control at checkpoints across the Ukrainian-Russian state border. Currently, expert consultations are held on adjustment of other intergovernmental agreements, necessary for the effective practice of joint control on the border.
Urgency of this issue settlement rises with approaching of the summit that will be held in November in Vilnius, where signing of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine is planned. Among foreign economic priorities of Kyiv there is also development of partnership relations with the Customs Union countries: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Last week, the Revenues and Duties Ministry came to an agreement with the Federal Customs Service of Russia about abolishment of additional control procedures on crossing the border by Ukrainian goods and renewal of the ordinary procedure for customs clearance of cargoes. The problems were settled this way, which have emerged due to strengthening of examinations of Ukrainian exporters by the Russian customs service, which had been observed since August 14.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia