Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
The Russian Federation proposes to jointly analyze all possible risks which can emerge after signing the Agreement on association and free trade area between Ukraine and EU. The Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation declared during a meeting with Prime Minister of Ukraine Mykola Azarov.
“Soon trade and economic policy of Ukraine in the legal and practical plane to a greater extent will be coordinated with the policy of the European Union – it is a sovereign decision of Ukraine. And we have to analyze all the consequences. Targeting not to afford additional difficulties there will be signed a document concerning our partnership,” Dmitry Medvedev said.
In turn Mykola Azarov noted that the association with the EU should not become a barrier for the intentions of Ukraine and Russia to realize joint projects.
Adapted from kmu.gov.ua
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia
- 06.09.2013 Sberbank of Russia wants to raise panic in Ukraine with its forecasts, analyst says