Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
Ukraine will return in October to discussion with the Russian side of the issue about resumption of a serial production of the military transport aircraft AN-124 Ruslan.
Industrial Policy Minister Mykhailo Korolenko told a briefing at the Cabinet on Thursday, a Ukrinform correspondent reports.
“A delegation from the Russian Federation has already visited us, we held preliminary talks and made a draft intergovernmental agreement. Now, it is with the Russian side, discussed, and I think that we will return to this talk approximately in a month,” Korolenko has said.
The Minister noted that initially the cooperation project on aircraft building included also development and construction of AN-32, AN-70, AN-148 and AN-178. However, following a working meeting of the two Premiers this July in Sochi, Mykola Azarov and Dmitry Medvedev, an agreement was reached that it would be real to launch at least one project on AN-124 Ruslan.
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia
- 06.09.2013 Sberbank of Russia wants to raise panic in Ukraine with its forecasts, analyst says