Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine for the needs of its Armed Forces.
President of Russia Vladimir Putin has said about this at a meeting of the Ukrainian-Russian Intergovernmental Commission, ITAR-TASS informs.
“We are ready to consider possibility of using defense capacities of the Ukrainian economy for the needs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, including on repairs, etc. to the extent of our countries' rapprochement in the economy and political sphere,” the Russian leader noted.
He added that the Defense Ministries of both countries have already prepared relevant proposals.
As reported, before a meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission, leaders of the two countries held a conversation in a narrow format, which lasted almost 2.5 hours.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia
- 06.09.2013 Sberbank of Russia wants to raise panic in Ukraine with its forecasts, analyst says