Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
Moscow and Kyiv did not discuss the idea of Ukraine's accession to the Customs Union at a meeting of the Ukrainian- Russian interstate commission on Tuesday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said this at a press conference after talks with Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in Moscow on Tuesday, Ukrinform reported.
"I'd like to calm everyone down that we didn't even discuss Ukraine's accession to the Customs Union today," Putin said.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said earlier that documents on Ukraine's accession to the Customs Union would not be considered at a meeting of the Ukrainian-Russian interstate commission in Moscow on December 17.
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia
- 06.09.2013 Sberbank of Russia wants to raise panic in Ukraine with its forecasts, analyst says