Russia to simplify visa regime for Georgia
Russia will simplify the visa regime for Georgia, Trend cites Zurab Abashidze, special envoy of the Georgian prime minister for relations with Russia.
The official noted that the Verkhny Lars Customs Office will operate 24/7 until September to make freighting easier. Officials of the Road Agency and the Transportation Ministry of Russia will meet in the near future to simplify visa-issuing for Georgian companies. Georgia may transfer products to Russia by railway through Azerbaijan.
Georgian Foreign minister Maya Panjikidze said in Batumi June 28 that normalization of ties with Russia was part of the national policy for the republic. Georgia will continue the process without reconsideration of sovereignty and foreign policy, she said.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 23.12.2013 Restore of Tbilisi-Moscow ties not planned
- 20.12.2013 Vladimir Putin not rules out the abolition of the visa regime with Georgia
- 03.12.2013 PM: No Georgian govt delegation at Sochi Olympics
- 28.11.2013 Minister of Foreign Affairs not excludes new embargo from the Russian side
- 26.11.2013 Government cautions business regarding the Russian market
- 12.11.2013 Giorgi Margvelashvili : Georgia will participate in the Sochi Olympics
- 01.11.2013 Russian MTS responds to Bidzina Ivanishvili's statement
- 31.10.2013 Bidzina Ivanishvili says Georgian side will sue the Russian "MTS"
- 26.09.2013 Georgia’s Ministry of Economy denies participation in the Sochi Investment Forum
- 13.09.2013 Russia to restore road to Georgia across Dagestan
- 05.09.2013 Moscow offers help in evacuating Georgian citizens from Syria
- 16.08.2013 Automobile link between Russia and Georgia reinstated