Georgia’s Ministry of Economy denies participation in the Sochi Investment Forum
Georgia will not participate in the Sochi Investment Forum. According to the Ministry of Economy, Georgia is not registered for the participation in the Forum and therefore, will not be eligible to take part.
Recall that The Russian edition yuga.ru writes that Tbilisi and Tskhinvali will participate in the International Investment Forum in Sochi in the equal status. The site informs that Forum "Sochi -2013" will be held on September 26 - 29.
The edition reports that representatives of 38 countries have already submitted the application for the participation in the International Investment Forum. They include Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belgium, Canada, China, the U.S., France, Turkey and others. According to yuga.ru, the event will be also attended by de - facto government of Tskhinvali, which has been invited as an independent state.
However, the Ministry of Economy does not confirm Georgia’s participation in the event.
Adapted from commersant
More on the topic
- 23.12.2013 Restore of Tbilisi-Moscow ties not planned
- 20.12.2013 Vladimir Putin not rules out the abolition of the visa regime with Georgia
- 03.12.2013 PM: No Georgian govt delegation at Sochi Olympics
- 28.11.2013 Minister of Foreign Affairs not excludes new embargo from the Russian side
- 26.11.2013 Government cautions business regarding the Russian market
- 12.11.2013 Giorgi Margvelashvili : Georgia will participate in the Sochi Olympics
- 01.11.2013 Russian MTS responds to Bidzina Ivanishvili's statement
- 31.10.2013 Bidzina Ivanishvili says Georgian side will sue the Russian "MTS"
- 13.09.2013 Russia to restore road to Georgia across Dagestan
- 05.09.2013 Moscow offers help in evacuating Georgian citizens from Syria
- 16.08.2013 Automobile link between Russia and Georgia reinstated
- 08.08.2013 Georgian MFA: Despite Russia's 'Destructive Policy' Tbilisi Seeks 'Normalization' of Ties