Turkish ro-ro ferry LIDER AMIRAL grounded in Gelendzhik / MAP/ PHOTO
According to the Russian mass media, on November 11, 2012 Turkish ro-ro ferry LIDER AMIRAL was torn away from the moorage wall by the strong rush and grounded at the Gelendzhik port.
In fact the accident with the ferry took place between 21:00 (msc) and 23:00 (msc) on November 10, 2012. This fact was established with the help of blacksea.sytes.net portal possibilities – the map shows clearly the track of the ferry, torn away from the ferry terminal moorage by the wind.
According to the Russian mass media, 21 people are on board of the ferry and all of them are Turkish citizens. All works to set the ferry afloat are planned for the time when the wind drops. On the night from November 11 to 12, 2012 the wind in Novorossiysk region came up to 20-25 m/s. Forecasts say that it must drop to 6-7 m/s during the day. There aren’t any victims of the accident.
Photo Sushkov Oleg
LIDER AMIRAL ferry deals with regular transportation of heavy haulers between Turkish Samsun port and Russian ports of Novorossiysk and Gelendzhik.
LIDER AMIRAL: Ro-ro cargo. Year Built: 1975. Length and Breadth: 108 m X 15 m. Gross Tonnage: 5186, DeadWeight: 3525 t. Speed recorded (Мax/Average): 12 / 11.1 knots. Flag: Tanzania [TZ]. Call Sign: 5IM392. IMO: 7407037, MMSI: 677029200.
Home port: Zanzibar. Class society: Maritime Lloyd. Builder: Lindenau Shipyard (Kiel, Germany). Owner: Asya Roro Turizm (Istanbul, Turkey). Manager: Asya Roro Turizm (Istanbul, Turkey).
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Two injured in dust explosion at Novosrossiysk Grain Terminal
- 07.11.2013 Russia agrees to refer Fedorovych case to Ukraine
- 30.10.2013 Vessels having collided in Kiel Canal had crew members of Russian and Ukrainian nationalities
- 01.10.2013 Russia refuses to release Ukrainian fisherman Fedorovych on bail
- 12.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia to hold talks on fate of Ukrainian fisherman
- 12.08.2013 Sailors from MAXIMA ship return to Ukraine
- 31.07.2013 A foreign bulker allides with quay wall in Novorossiysk port
- 31.07.2013 Chemical tanker Meteora aground off Dardanelles, Aegean sea
- 23.07.2013 Ukrainian ship Etel seized in Bengazi by armed brigands claiming political motivation - photos and maps
- 23.07.2013 Product tanker Aegean Rose damaged in allision, Aspropyrgos, Greece
- 19.07.2013 Ukraine sends note to Russia demanding joint probe into death of Ukrainian sailors in Azov Sea
- 18.07.2013 Russian Border Service boat sank a Ukrainian fishing longboat after pursuit in the Azov Sea – there are several dead victims / Map