NATO will support Turkey in case of escalation of the conflict with Syria
NATO will support Turkey in the event of an escalation of the conflict on the border with Syria. This was stated by the Secretary General of the Alliance after a meeting with the defense ministers of the participating countries in Brussels, according to foreign media.
«We have developed a variety of plans to protect Turkey. For obvious reasons, to go into the details, I can not. But, of course, Turkey can count on the solidarity of the Alliance. However, again - the international community should focus on to find a political solution to the Syrian conflict »- said Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Secretary General of NATO.
Adapted from UNN
More on the topic
- 17.09.2013 Deputy PM: Turkish warplanes shoot down Syrian helicopter
- 06.09.2013 Turkey boosts forces on Syrian border
- 05.09.2013 Erdogan: Turkey ready to be part of any coalition to intervene Syria
- 03.09.2013 Turkey keeps forces on high alert on Syrian border
- 02.09.2013 Hikmet Cetin: "Turkey should not take part in military operations against Syria"
- 27.08.2013 Turkish base Injirlik can be used in military campaign against Syria claims paper
- 19.07.2013 Turkish Patriots detected 300 Syrian missile fires so far
- 16.07.2013 Turkey rejects Israel jets used Turkish base for Syria airstrike
- 26.06.2013 Turkey digs moats on Syrian border
- 27.05.2013 Security wall to be built on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 15.02.2013 Turkey responds to mortar shell from Syria
- 16.01.2013 Syria accuses Turkey of terrorism and theft