Security wall to be built on Turkey’s Syrian border
A security wall will be built along this part of the border with Syria. Work for the project has already commenced.
The wall which will be built along the approximately 2.5 kilometer area between Turkey’s Cilvegozu border gate and Syria’s Bab al-Hawa border gate between Syria will isolate the region against illegal entries.
Customs and Trade Minister Hayati Yazici specified that protocol is being undertaken with the Armed Forces, and said that the area would be protected by military forces, a wire fence would enclose the area, a wall would be constructed, and imaging equipment would be installed as part of the project.
The security measures to be taken along at the border crossings along the Syrian border are not limited to these measures.
Adapted from Worldbulletin
More on the topic
- 17.09.2013 Deputy PM: Turkish warplanes shoot down Syrian helicopter
- 06.09.2013 Turkey boosts forces on Syrian border
- 05.09.2013 Erdogan: Turkey ready to be part of any coalition to intervene Syria
- 03.09.2013 Turkey keeps forces on high alert on Syrian border
- 02.09.2013 Hikmet Cetin: "Turkey should not take part in military operations against Syria"
- 27.08.2013 Turkish base Injirlik can be used in military campaign against Syria claims paper
- 19.07.2013 Turkish Patriots detected 300 Syrian missile fires so far
- 16.07.2013 Turkey rejects Israel jets used Turkish base for Syria airstrike
- 26.06.2013 Turkey digs moats on Syrian border
- 15.02.2013 Turkey responds to mortar shell from Syria
- 16.01.2013 Syria accuses Turkey of terrorism and theft
- 15.11.2012 Turkey warns against Syria chemical arms