Turkey digs moats on Syrian border
The Turkish military have dug moats with a depth of 3m and width of 2m on the border of Syria.
The measures were taken against smugglers who have been pretending to be refugees to cross the border. Additional groups of border guards and special forces were sent to the region. They will patrol the border.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 17.09.2013 Deputy PM: Turkish warplanes shoot down Syrian helicopter
- 06.09.2013 Turkey boosts forces on Syrian border
- 05.09.2013 Erdogan: Turkey ready to be part of any coalition to intervene Syria
- 03.09.2013 Turkey keeps forces on high alert on Syrian border
- 02.09.2013 Hikmet Cetin: "Turkey should not take part in military operations against Syria"
- 27.08.2013 Turkish base Injirlik can be used in military campaign against Syria claims paper
- 19.07.2013 Turkish Patriots detected 300 Syrian missile fires so far
- 16.07.2013 Turkey rejects Israel jets used Turkish base for Syria airstrike
- 27.05.2013 Security wall to be built on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 15.02.2013 Turkey responds to mortar shell from Syria
- 16.01.2013 Syria accuses Turkey of terrorism and theft
- 15.11.2012 Turkey warns against Syria chemical arms