Hikmet Cetin: "Turkey should not take part in military operations against Syria"
"The U.S. and Europe will leave after the operation, but Turkey will remain neighbor of Syria forever".
“Before attacking Syria, the UN mission should determine whether or not chemical weapons were used near Damascus,” former Turkish Foreign Minister Hikmet Cetin told journalists, APA reports.
He said if the use of chemical weapons in Syria is confirmed, the whole world should take joint steps in this regard. Assessing the possibility of Turkey's participation in military operations against Syria, Cetin said that it would be better for Ankara to refrain from military intervention against Syria: “The United States and Europe are far from Syria. They will conduct operations against this country, then leave, but Turkey will remain neighbor of Syria forever. So, I think that Turkey should not interfere in this issue.”
Adapted from APA
More on the topic
- 17.09.2013 Deputy PM: Turkish warplanes shoot down Syrian helicopter
- 06.09.2013 Turkey boosts forces on Syrian border
- 05.09.2013 Erdogan: Turkey ready to be part of any coalition to intervene Syria
- 03.09.2013 Turkey keeps forces on high alert on Syrian border
- 27.08.2013 Turkish base Injirlik can be used in military campaign against Syria claims paper
- 19.07.2013 Turkish Patriots detected 300 Syrian missile fires so far
- 16.07.2013 Turkey rejects Israel jets used Turkish base for Syria airstrike
- 26.06.2013 Turkey digs moats on Syrian border
- 27.05.2013 Security wall to be built on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 15.02.2013 Turkey responds to mortar shell from Syria
- 16.01.2013 Syria accuses Turkey of terrorism and theft
- 15.11.2012 Turkey warns against Syria chemical arms