Turkey continued shelling Syrian territory
Turkey shoot some objects in Syria in response to released a mortar shell that landed near the Turkish village Guvechchi, BBC reported.
While no reports of casualties.
Turkey and Syria have exchanged artillery fire, the fourth day in a row.
On Wednesday, a Syrian shell hit a house in the town Akchakale, killing five. The international community has condemned the actions of Syria and the Turkish government has received authorization from Parliament to send troops to the Syrian territory in case of need.
Adapted from: UNN
More on the topic
- 17.09.2013 Deputy PM: Turkish warplanes shoot down Syrian helicopter
- 06.09.2013 Turkey boosts forces on Syrian border
- 05.09.2013 Erdogan: Turkey ready to be part of any coalition to intervene Syria
- 03.09.2013 Turkey keeps forces on high alert on Syrian border
- 02.09.2013 Hikmet Cetin: "Turkey should not take part in military operations against Syria"
- 27.08.2013 Turkish base Injirlik can be used in military campaign against Syria claims paper
- 19.07.2013 Turkish Patriots detected 300 Syrian missile fires so far
- 16.07.2013 Turkey rejects Israel jets used Turkish base for Syria airstrike
- 26.06.2013 Turkey digs moats on Syrian border
- 27.05.2013 Security wall to be built on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 15.02.2013 Turkey responds to mortar shell from Syria
- 16.01.2013 Syria accuses Turkey of terrorism and theft