Ukraine’s Navy Hetman Sahaidachnyi frigate proceeds the third patrolling in the Gulf of Aden
On November 10, the Ukrainian Navy Hetman Sahaidachnyi (U130) frigate within the Multinational Ship Component under the Ocean Shield operation proceeded the third patrolling in the Gulf of Aden.
During the second patrolling phase, from October 29 through November 7, the personnel of the national contingent ensured the navigation security in the defined areas of the Gulf of Aden and completed intensive training of the ship crew and special team, as well as monitored the maritime transport.
The crew members are pleased with combat flagman service; they stress that this job is heavy but very honorable as they accomplish the state mission.
In the Djibouti port, the crew executed the ship logistic support. Hetman Sahaidachnyi will participate in counter-piracy operation until January 2014.
Adapted from mil.gov.ua
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Ukraine’s Marines start HELBROC operational training
- 24.12.2013 Hetman Sahaydachnyi frigate completes its fifth patrolling / Photos
- 05.11.2013 Hetman Sahaidachnyi prevents attack of small rapid vessel against civil vessel MANJIN CILD
- 29.10.2013 Ternopil corvette joins NATO Operation Active Endeavour in Mediterranean
- 17.09.2013 Hetman Sahaidachniy frigate to join NATO's Ocean Shield Operation in several days
- 26.07.2013 Brazilian Navy Frigate F42 Constituicao visits Sevastopol - photos
- 22.07.2013 Military ships of Spanish and Turkish Navy visit Odessa - photos
- 19.07.2013 Rapid Trident 2013: VIP-Day
- 17.07.2013 Sea Breeze 2013: Ukrainian frigate and U.S. patrol aircraft cooperate
- 03.07.2013 Black Sea Shipyard started repairs of “Hetman Sahaydachniy” frigate