Ukraine’s Marines start HELBROC operational training
Feodosia Marines have started the operational training within the HELBROC battle group of the European Union and the NATO’s Response Force (NRF).
It is scheduled that during six months the Ukrainian assault company will complete tasks at the permanent base in Ukraine being ready to deploy urgently in crisis regions within the Battle group. In addition, the Ukrainian black berets will complete such a mission for the second time.
The marine company will accomplish tasks within the NRF during a year ensuring security in the region.
The Balkan Battle group is a European Union Battle group led by Greece. Originally referred to as HELBROC (an acronym for HELlas, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus), it consists of military units from Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, and Cyprus.
Adapted from mil.gov.ua
More on the topic
- 24.12.2013 Hetman Sahaydachnyi frigate completes its fifth patrolling / Photos
- 12.11.2013 Ukraine’s Navy Hetman Sahaidachnyi frigate proceeds the third patrolling in the Gulf of Aden
- 05.11.2013 Hetman Sahaidachnyi prevents attack of small rapid vessel against civil vessel MANJIN CILD
- 29.10.2013 Ternopil corvette joins NATO Operation Active Endeavour in Mediterranean
- 17.09.2013 Hetman Sahaidachniy frigate to join NATO's Ocean Shield Operation in several days
- 26.07.2013 Brazilian Navy Frigate F42 Constituicao visits Sevastopol - photos
- 22.07.2013 Military ships of Spanish and Turkish Navy visit Odessa - photos
- 19.07.2013 Rapid Trident 2013: VIP-Day
- 17.07.2013 Sea Breeze 2013: Ukrainian frigate and U.S. patrol aircraft cooperate
- 03.07.2013 Black Sea Shipyard started repairs of “Hetman Sahaydachniy” frigate