Hetman Sahaidachniy frigate to join NATO's Ocean Shield Operation in several days
The Ukrainian Navy's Hetman Sahaidachniy frigate will soon join NATO's Ocean Shield Operation to combat piracy, Foreign Minister Leonid Kozhara said this at an international conference “The role of international organizations in Ukraine's national security” on Tuesday in Kyiv.
"In just a few days, the flagship of the Ukrainian Navy, Hetman Sahaydachniy frigate, is to leave Sevastopol to join NATO's Ocean Shield Operation to combat piracy in the area of the Horn of Africa and Gulf of Aden," Kozhara said.
Photo from www.vmsu.info
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Ukraine’s Marines start HELBROC operational training
- 24.12.2013 Hetman Sahaydachnyi frigate completes its fifth patrolling / Photos
- 12.11.2013 Ukraine’s Navy Hetman Sahaidachnyi frigate proceeds the third patrolling in the Gulf of Aden
- 05.11.2013 Hetman Sahaidachnyi prevents attack of small rapid vessel against civil vessel MANJIN CILD
- 29.10.2013 Ternopil corvette joins NATO Operation Active Endeavour in Mediterranean
- 26.07.2013 Brazilian Navy Frigate F42 Constituicao visits Sevastopol - photos
- 22.07.2013 Military ships of Spanish and Turkish Navy visit Odessa - photos
- 19.07.2013 Rapid Trident 2013: VIP-Day
- 17.07.2013 Sea Breeze 2013: Ukrainian frigate and U.S. patrol aircraft cooperate
- 03.07.2013 Black Sea Shipyard started repairs of “Hetman Sahaydachniy” frigate