About 1,000 cars gathered on Russian-Ukrainian border
At the approaches to the Russian-Ukrainian border, about 1,000 railway cars gathered. In particular, about 500 cars are on the Bryansk-Lgovsky station and another about 450 cars on the access route.
Russian mass media inform about this referring to a representative of the Russian Railways.
“Now, there is a congestion of wagons at the approaches to the border on the Russian side. About 500 cars at the Bryansk-Lgovsky station and another about 450 wagons on access routes to it,” the Russian Railways representative said.
As reported, on the eve, the Federation of Employers of Ukraine has stated that the Russian customs actually fully blocked import of Ukrainian goods. Since August 15, all Ukrainian suppliers were recognized by the Russian customs as “risky” and included into a relevant list.
The Federation of Employers of Ukraine addressed Prime Minister Mykola Azarov with a letter requesting to settle the problems.
Russian customs workers, in turn, did not confirm and did not deny this information, having refused from comments. At the same time, head of the State Duma Committee on CIS Affairs Leonid Slutsky has said that problems with passing the Russian customs by Ukrainian goods are caused by bureaucratic procedures because Ukraine is not the Customs Union member.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia