Moldovan, Romanian officials address issues related to granting Romanian citizenship
Deputy Justice Minister Vladimir Grosu met, on 2 July, the chairwoman of the Romanian National Authority for Citizenship (ANC), Monica Camarascu. The ANC representatives’ visit to Moldova is aimed at discussing the most current issues related to granting Romanian citizenship to Moldovans.
According to the Justice Ministry, the officials particularly approached the difficulties met by Moldovan notaries as regards the Romanian authorities requests, meant to avoid cases of issuing fake notary documents in Moldova.
Grosu assured that the body he represented took all necessary measures in order to diminish the stated illegalities. Grosu referred to the completion of a new draft law on notary, meant to improve this professional activity.
For her part, Comarascu said that compared to early 2012, when about 10-12 fake documents issued by Moldovan notaries had been stated every day, in 2013, 10-20 of such kind of documents were discovered every month.
As regards the stated irregularities, the Romanian side listed as the most frequent the inappropriate rectification and translation of the civil status documents, especially of the birth certificates; falsification of the notary documents and of the Moldovan criminal records; the impossibility of verifying the authenticity of the medical certificates included in the file; the unsafe ways of certifying documents; the concomitant indication by Moldovan citizens, willing to recover the Romanian citizenship, of two domiciles, both in the Republic of Moldova, as well as in Romania.
At the end of the meeting, the sides agreed on the need of setting a single practice in this area, which would also include the punishment of those notaries who do not exercise their profession in line with the legislation, thus damaging the image of the entire professional branch. After the meeting, the Romanian officials discussed with three chairmen of the notary associations and with 11 notaries.
Adapted from MOLDPRES
More on the topic
- 14.01.2014 Actiunea 2012 organizes winter school in Bucharest for Unirea partisans
- 23.12.2013 Premier Leanca’s visit to Romania begins against the background of sharpening relations between Chisinau and Bucharest
- 19.12.2013 Basescu decorates Moldovan lawmakers for good work in Romanian language’s favor
- 12.11.2013 Moldovan PM to meet Romanian counterpart in Bucharest, EU top officials
- 24.09.2013 DefMin Dusa: Romania, Moldova will sign bilateral military cooperation agreement late this November
- 17.09.2013 Chisinau and bucharest sign agreement on transmitting TVR1 in Moldova
- 29.08.2013 Moldovan foreign minister on a working visit to Bucharest
- 18.07.2013 Romanian Government to increase number of scholarships for Moldovan students
- 27.06.2013 Moldova, Romania to ratify border treaty
- 27.05.2013 Moldovan, Romanian officials sign cooperation agreements in energy area
- 30.01.2013 Romania puts off gas pipeline construction beginning by three months
- 21.01.2013 Romania provides 300,000 euros for increasing Moldovan agro-food products quality