Russia has received a quarter-million liters of Georgian alcohol
During the six months of this year more than 240 million liters of Georgian wine and brandy have been imported to Russia from Georgia, according to the Russian Federal Service for Consumers' Rights Protection and Human Well-Being Surveillance.
"In 2013, 55 batches of imported Georgian wine of 23.229 thousand daL and 3 batches of brandy totaling 1.08 thousand daL have been imported," RIA Novosti quotes the statement.
Currently, 20 Georgian producers of alcoholic beverages and two manufacturers of Georgian mineral water have received 288 certificates of state registration of products. Negotiations on supply are carried out only by the service staff employees, and the department will adhere to this position in the future too, according to the statement.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 23.12.2013 Restore of Tbilisi-Moscow ties not planned
- 20.12.2013 Vladimir Putin not rules out the abolition of the visa regime with Georgia
- 03.12.2013 PM: No Georgian govt delegation at Sochi Olympics
- 28.11.2013 Minister of Foreign Affairs not excludes new embargo from the Russian side
- 26.11.2013 Government cautions business regarding the Russian market
- 12.11.2013 Giorgi Margvelashvili : Georgia will participate in the Sochi Olympics
- 01.11.2013 Russian MTS responds to Bidzina Ivanishvili's statement
- 31.10.2013 Bidzina Ivanishvili says Georgian side will sue the Russian "MTS"
- 26.09.2013 Georgia’s Ministry of Economy denies participation in the Sochi Investment Forum
- 13.09.2013 Russia to restore road to Georgia across Dagestan
- 05.09.2013 Moscow offers help in evacuating Georgian citizens from Syria
- 16.08.2013 Automobile link between Russia and Georgia reinstated