Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
The Transport Ministers of Bulgaria and Turkey – Kristian Krastev and Binali Yieldarim will have talks on May 22 in Leipzig about an agreement for the road transport of cargo on the territory of the two countries.
The meeting takes place after Bulgarian carriers blocked the border checkpoints with Turkey last week, protesting against the restrictions Turkish customs authorities impose on Bulgarian drivers. Yesterday at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint there was again kilometers’ long line of heavy trucks but all tracks of the checkpoint were functioning.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 05.06.2013 Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
- 21.05.2013 Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 10.05.2013 Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
- 03.05.2013 Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
- 17.11.2012 Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia