Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
Bulgaria is a gate of Europe. That was what PM Marin Raikov said at the unveiling of the first closed railway project under the Transport OP – the Svilengrad – Turkish border railroad.
In the words of the premier a modern part of a much bigger project has been executed, no matter that these are only 18 km. Mr. Raikov pointed out that the presence of Turkish guests was a sign for joint work. We came here with up to 120 km/h, Transport Minister Kristian Krastev said, voicing his hope that over the next programme period trains, speeding up to 160 km/h will be bought with EU money.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 05.06.2013 Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
- 23.05.2013 Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
- 21.05.2013 Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 03.05.2013 Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
- 17.11.2012 Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia