Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
Cooperation in defense between Bulgaria and Turkey was central to the talks of the two ministers Anyu Angelov and Ismet Yilmaz. Bulgaria-Turkey relations provide an example of cooperation between good neighbors and allies in NATO, Bulgarian Defense Minister Anyu Angelov said during the meeting in Sofia.
As an example he pointed to the regional format BLACKSEAFOR uniting efforts in naval security. Minister Angelov and Minister Yilmaz discussed options for furtherance in bilateral contacts in the defense industry. They exchanged opinion on issues of international security and on NATO’s agenda of priorities.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 05.06.2013 Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
- 23.05.2013 Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
- 21.05.2013 Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 10.05.2013 Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
- 03.05.2013 Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia