Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
The cabinet has pronounced the project for the introducing of an integrated system for supervising along the border with Turkey a site of national importance.
The decision allows cutting the terms for conducting the respective administrative procedures for putting through the project. It is sponsored by the Fund for the external boundaries of the EU. The project would fulfill the imposed Schengen standards for monitoring the external boundaries of the Union. The first stage of the project envisages the provision of observation in the portion between the Lessovo border checkpoint and the estuary of Resovska River.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 05.06.2013 Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
- 23.05.2013 Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
- 21.05.2013 Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 10.05.2013 Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
- 17.11.2012 Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia