Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
After the start of the war in Syria the number of persons having violated the border between Turkey and Bulgaria has been constantly growing, Border Police informs.
The number of people trying to cross the border is 200 per month and the number of places for detention at the Elhovo Police Department will be increased by the end of the week. The special plan of action under temporary asylum envisages the deployment in the region of a refugee camp. Dozens of police officers have been summoned to that region from other places across the country.
Adapted from BNR
More on the topic
- 23.05.2013 Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
- 21.05.2013 Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 10.05.2013 Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
- 03.05.2013 Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
- 17.11.2012 Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia