Transport ministers of Turkey, Bulgaria to hold talks
The Turkish Minister of Customs and Trade Hayati Yazici has announced the transport ministers of Turkey and Bulgaria will talk on May 21 with representatives of the transport industry on the crisis of truck traffic between the two countries.
Hayati Yazici made the announcement after visiting the Kapıkule border checkpoint at the Turkish-Bulgarian border which was blocked for 37 hours by Bulgarian carriers. In connection with the border blockade which ended on Friday, the Minister said that nobody has the right to take away somebody else’s right to free movement and trade.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 05.06.2013 Immigrants to Bulgaria from Turkey grow more
- 23.05.2013 Bulgaria and Turkey to discuss cargo issue in Leipzig
- 20.05.2013 Truck traffic via Bulgarian-Turkish border goes back to normal
- 18.05.2013 Blockade at Bulgarian-Turkish border lifted
- 10.05.2013 Svilengrad - Turkish border railroad unveiled
- 03.05.2013 Monitoring system along Bulgarian-Turkish border is a site of national importance
- 17.11.2012 Bulgaria, Turkey defense ministers meet in Sofia
- 07.11.2012 Turkey to open Turkish Culture Center in Sofia