EU assessment mission to visit Moldova in 2013
In February 2013, a EU assessment mission will visit Moldova to set the period of liberalization of the visa regime for Moldova, Prime Minister Vlad Filat said at a news conference on December 14.
Filat said that on the sidelines of his visit to Brussels, he held meetings with many European officials among whom EU Commissioner for Home Affairs Cecilia Malmstrom. «During the meeting, I have presented the first report on implementing the conditions of the second stage of the Moldova-EU Action Plan on visa free regime. I praised it, and on the basis of the report, a EU mission is expected to visit Chisinau in order to set the period of liberalization of the visa regime for Moldova», Filat said.
Also in Brussels, Filat and EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton have signed a framework-agreement on Moldova's participation in the EU missions of managing crisis. «Moldova is a member of the European energy community, and is a part of the common airspace, and after signing the agreement, it is a part of the EU policy dealing with managing crisis», Filat said.
Filat noted that the European officials highly appreciated the transformations occurring in Moldova, and reiterated their support in Moldova's European integration path.
Adapted from Moldpres
More on the topic
- 27.12.2013 EU gives Moldova 15-million-euros instalment
- 24.12.2013 Moldovan top court to receive large grant
- 27.11.2013 Ukraine’s position will not tell in whatever way on the European Union’s relations with Moldova
- 14.11.2013 Moldovan autonomous region’s governor meets OSCE delegation
- 08.11.2013 Romania reaffirms Moldova’s support to initial, sign association agreement
- 06.11.2013 Moldova-EU association agreement likely to be signed by late August 2014
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan fruit producers to receive EU assistance
- 07.10.2013 Moldovan PM, top bank representative address assistance, projects
- 04.10.2013 PACE to continue monitoring of Mldova
- 02.10.2013 Monitoring report on Moldova to be presented at PACE’s autumn session
- 17.09.2013 Transnistria dislikes draft of PACE resolution on Moldova
- 12.09.2013 European top banks to financially back Moldovan railway enterprise