Around 10 billion roubles spent on «Olympic» resettlement in Sochi
On October 30, Krasnodar Krai Vice-Governor Alexander Saurin reported, the resettlement of Sochi residents from the area of Olympic construction had cost 10 billion roubles.
According to him, the resettlement affected the interests of about three thousand people. 95% of them were provided with pieces of land. Construction and purchase of housing cost 9.5 billion budgetary roubles.
Since 2008, when the resettlement started, authorities have made available 482 individual houses and 518 flats with a total area of 100 ths sq m. Saurin added that 2/3 of the people resettled chose monetary compensation.
Totally, 1786 land plots with private houses and 256 apartments are subject to withdrawal for the construction of Olympic facilities.
Currently, 21,510 land plots with a total area of 8276 hectares have been allocated for the construction. The resettlement of Sochi residents is planned to be completed by the end of 2013.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from Live Kuban
More on the topic
- 13.08.2013 New Agreements on Time-Charter of Cruise Vessels to Accommodate Winter Games of 2014 in Sochi Guests Signed - «Norwegian Jade» and «Snav Toscana»
- 30.07.2013 Krasnodar Territory is a leader in housing construction
- 25.07.2013 Prosecutors struggle to return over 170 million rubles stolen in Kuban
- 10.07.2013 Olimpstroy chooses main square of Olympic Games in Sochi
- 05.07.2013 Sochi to launch Olympic traffic lines
- 15.04.2013 Sochi police revealed funds’ stealing scheme at the Olympics construction
- 11.03.2013 Sochi Olympic construction expenses exceeded by 15.5 billion rubles
- 05.03.2013 Olympic construction projects receive financial guarantees
- 21.01.2013 Large ice arena is completed in Sochi / PHOTO
- 17.01.2013 One year left before the Olympics will be celebrated in Sochi
- 20.12.2012 Olympic facilities in Sochi to be landscaped and beautified in 2013
- 03.12.2012 Visa procedure for volunteers and staff of the 2014 Olympics will be simplified