Sochi Olympic construction expenses exceeded by 15.5 billion rubles
The Russian Chamber of Accounts has calculated that expenses for construction of Olympic facilities in Sochi had been exceeded by 15.5 billion rubles, according to materials of 2012, ITAR-TASS reports.
Olimpstroy, the corporation responsible for the construction, took no measures to reduce expenses and increased them instead, the report says.
Both expenses of state and private sources for construction increased.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 13.08.2013 New Agreements on Time-Charter of Cruise Vessels to Accommodate Winter Games of 2014 in Sochi Guests Signed - «Norwegian Jade» and «Snav Toscana»
- 30.07.2013 Krasnodar Territory is a leader in housing construction
- 25.07.2013 Prosecutors struggle to return over 170 million rubles stolen in Kuban
- 10.07.2013 Olimpstroy chooses main square of Olympic Games in Sochi
- 05.07.2013 Sochi to launch Olympic traffic lines
- 15.04.2013 Sochi police revealed funds’ stealing scheme at the Olympics construction
- 05.03.2013 Olympic construction projects receive financial guarantees
- 21.01.2013 Large ice arena is completed in Sochi / PHOTO
- 17.01.2013 One year left before the Olympics will be celebrated in Sochi
- 20.12.2012 Olympic facilities in Sochi to be landscaped and beautified in 2013
- 03.12.2012 Visa procedure for volunteers and staff of the 2014 Olympics will be simplified
- 13.11.2012 Finishing works start at «Olympic Park» railway station in Sochi /PHOTO/