Sochi police revealed funds’ stealing scheme at the Olympics construction
Policemen have revealed the scheme for stealing funds, allocated for the construction of Olympic facilities.
Among the suspects there formed manager of the OJSC «Krasnaya Polyana» and co-owner of the OJSC «National Business Development Bank», Live Kuban informs.
According to the investigators, in July 2009 «Krasnaya Polyana» concluded several agreements with the State Corporation «Olympstroy» on the financing of construction of a sports and tourism complex. More than 1 billion rubles, received from the Russian Sberbank, were invested to the company’s deposits at «NBDB» with 4% per annum interest rate.
After that the bank credited its affiliated companies, which, in their turn, borrowed these funds to «Krasnaya Polyana» with 12.5% per annum interest rate.
More than 45.5 million rubles were taken away via affiliated entities as interest payments.
Criminal proceedings have been initiated against former manager of «Krasnaya Polyana».
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 13.08.2013 New Agreements on Time-Charter of Cruise Vessels to Accommodate Winter Games of 2014 in Sochi Guests Signed - «Norwegian Jade» and «Snav Toscana»
- 30.07.2013 Krasnodar Territory is a leader in housing construction
- 25.07.2013 Prosecutors struggle to return over 170 million rubles stolen in Kuban
- 10.07.2013 Olimpstroy chooses main square of Olympic Games in Sochi
- 05.07.2013 Sochi to launch Olympic traffic lines
- 11.03.2013 Sochi Olympic construction expenses exceeded by 15.5 billion rubles
- 05.03.2013 Olympic construction projects receive financial guarantees
- 21.01.2013 Large ice arena is completed in Sochi / PHOTO
- 17.01.2013 One year left before the Olympics will be celebrated in Sochi
- 20.12.2012 Olympic facilities in Sochi to be landscaped and beautified in 2013
- 03.12.2012 Visa procedure for volunteers and staff of the 2014 Olympics will be simplified
- 13.11.2012 Finishing works start at «Olympic Park» railway station in Sochi /PHOTO/