EUMM concerned about situation at South Ossetian Administrative Boundary Line
Statement by the European Union Monitoring Mission in Georgia (EUMM) regarding build up of Russian troops along the occupation line / South Ossetian administrative boundary line:
"In recent days, there have been claims about a possible change in posture of Georgian security personnel at the South Ossetian Administrative Boundary Line. The EU Monitoring Mission has been intensively engaged in monitoring and assessing these reports with the deployment of extra patrols and has been checking the situation with the relevant authorities. The Mission has not observed any evidence to support these claims. However, EUMM has further increased its patrolling to actively monitor the situation on the ground.
The EUMM has at the same time observed a build-up of Russian Federation armed personnel along the South Ossetian Administrative Boundary Line. The Mission has raised its concerns about this activity with the relevant Russian command structures.
The EUMM urges all sides to refrain from any activities that could destabilize the security and safety of the local population on either side of the Administrative Boundary Line. "
Adapted from Georgia online
More on the topic
- 23.12.2013 Restore of Tbilisi-Moscow ties not planned
- 20.12.2013 Vladimir Putin not rules out the abolition of the visa regime with Georgia
- 03.12.2013 PM: No Georgian govt delegation at Sochi Olympics
- 28.11.2013 Minister of Foreign Affairs not excludes new embargo from the Russian side
- 26.11.2013 Government cautions business regarding the Russian market
- 12.11.2013 Giorgi Margvelashvili : Georgia will participate in the Sochi Olympics
- 01.11.2013 Russian MTS responds to Bidzina Ivanishvili's statement
- 31.10.2013 Bidzina Ivanishvili says Georgian side will sue the Russian "MTS"
- 26.09.2013 Georgia’s Ministry of Economy denies participation in the Sochi Investment Forum
- 13.09.2013 Russia to restore road to Georgia across Dagestan
- 05.09.2013 Moscow offers help in evacuating Georgian citizens from Syria
- 16.08.2013 Automobile link between Russia and Georgia reinstated