11 companies to compete in Bulgaria’s South Stream tender
A total of 11 companies have registered for the tender for constructing the Bulgarian section of the South Stream gas pipeline.
The Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH) says it has received all valid applications by the deadline, January 10. The next step will consist of reviewing their documents and deciding which firms will progress to the 2nd round.
Under the requirements, the winning firm would have to carry out a detailed design, supply the equipment and materials, complete the construction, and train the personnel responsible for putting the pipeline into exploitation.
In early December, the EC cautioned that the bilateral intergovernmental agreements on the South Stream gas pipeline project between Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Austria and Croatia had to be renegotiated in order to comply with EU law.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the Russian-sponsored gas pipeline project was held in Bulgaria at the end of October.
The South Stream agreement was signed in the Bulgarian capital Sofia on November 15, 2012 by former Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller.
Adapted from Novinite
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 EC launches probe of tender for Bulgarian section of South Stream
- 14.01.2014 Russia unwilling to annul South Stream agreements
- 09.12.2013 EC: Flaws of South Stream agreements with Gazprom revealed in August
- 06.12.2013 European Commission sets up three coditions for ''illegal'' South Stream
- 05.11.2013 South Stream will not harm Bulgaria's environment – minister
- 04.11.2013 Bulgaria to receive South Stream dividends from Y1
- 01.11.2013 South Stream groundbreaking ceremony held in Bulgaria / Photos
- 07.10.2013 South Stream Transport B.V. shareholders confirm terms and conditions of South Stream’s offshore section construction
- 02.10.2013 Bulgaria renegotiates the 8% interest on the loan of "South Stream - Bulgaria"
- 09.09.2013 Varna locals rаlly against Russian-sponsored pipeline
- 06.09.2013 Board of directors of South Stream Bulgaria reshuffled
- 25.07.2013 Russia, Macedonia sign South Stream gas pipeline agreement