Bulgaria's Bansko – Europe's cheapest ski resort
Bulgaria's ski holiday resort Bansko has been named Europe's best value ski resort by TripAdvisor for the second year in a row.
The resort was found to offer the best value when compared with 40 other ski destinations, based on typical one-day-visit ski costs plus food and drink.
The costs amounted to just GBP 104 at Bansko. A similar day on the slopes at Courchevel in France - the most-expensive destination – was as much as GBP 432.
Other bargain resorts included Sochi in Russia (where the one-day costs were GBP 137), Ordino Arcalis in Andorra (GBP 138) and Arinsal in Andorra (GBP 141).
In contrast costs were as high as GBP 428 in St Moritz in Switzerland and GBP 404 in Meribel in France.
The ninth least-expensive resort was the Cairngorms in Scotland where a one-day trip would set visitors back GBP 173.
The survey covered the cost of one night's hotel accommodation, one day's ski pass, one day's basic ski hire, a meal and a bottle of beer for the ski season from December 15 2013 to April 15 2014.
TripAdvisor spokesman James Kay said: "Eastern European destinations and Andorra offer the best value and, for those wanting to stay closer to home, it's great to see a Scottish ski resort among the 10 least-expensive destinations."
Adapted from Novinite
More on the topic
- 26.12.2013 Mining town Pernik builds BGN 300M Disneyland-like adventure park
- 29.10.2013 French plan to invest EUR 550M in Bulgaria’s largest ever ski project
- 02.10.2013 BBC shows drunkenness in Sunny Beach / Video
- 06.09.2013 Bulgaria's tourism industry calls for anti-crisis measures
- 08.08.2013 Envoy: Bulgaria to See Increase in Israeli Tourists despite Burgas Bombing
- 31.07.2013 24 British Tourists Die in Bulgaria in Summer 2012
- 09.07.2013 Sobering-up station for tourists to be established at the Sunny Beach
- 16.01.2013 5% increase in number of passengers flying to and from Bulgarian Black Sea airports
- 15.01.2013 Tourist project to revive Vidin Region
- 03.01.2013 Bulgarian tourism should aim at traditional markets
- 18.12.2012 300 km of hiking routes to be restored across Vitosha Mountain
- 17.11.2012 New bike lanes will connect Burgas with the vicinage