New bike lanes will connect Burgas with the vicinage
On November 6 they presented preliminary study and a proposal to create 35 km of bicycle routes in the city centre, 15 km in peripheral parts, and 10 km more in remote areas.
The concept worth more than 130 mln leva is part of the mega-project “Integrated urban transportation in Burgas”.
City authorities gave two weeks to discuss the plan and proposals. Then, they plan to hold new public hearings on even larger scale project: to make bicycles alternative mode of transportation within city limits.
It has been proposed to connect all parts of the city and public institutions by bicycle routes.
Bulgarian and English Translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 26.12.2013 Mining town Pernik builds BGN 300M Disneyland-like adventure park
- 23.12.2013 Bulgaria's Bansko – Europe's cheapest ski resort
- 29.10.2013 French plan to invest EUR 550M in Bulgaria’s largest ever ski project
- 02.10.2013 BBC shows drunkenness in Sunny Beach / Video
- 06.09.2013 Bulgaria's tourism industry calls for anti-crisis measures
- 08.08.2013 Envoy: Bulgaria to See Increase in Israeli Tourists despite Burgas Bombing
- 31.07.2013 24 British Tourists Die in Bulgaria in Summer 2012
- 09.07.2013 Sobering-up station for tourists to be established at the Sunny Beach
- 16.01.2013 5% increase in number of passengers flying to and from Bulgarian Black Sea airports
- 15.01.2013 Tourist project to revive Vidin Region
- 03.01.2013 Bulgarian tourism should aim at traditional markets
- 18.12.2012 300 km of hiking routes to be restored across Vitosha Mountain