Mining town Pernik builds BGN 300M Disneyland-like adventure park
Pernik's BGN 300 million Disneyland will be located 30 km away from Sofia, Standart daily reports.
The idea sparked in the imagination of young people of the mining town. Officially, the municipality announced plans to construct an adventure park offering alternative activities and entertainment for children and youngsters in the area of Voynikovets.
The area in question is dotted by old mines, because the hills is the old Pernik hide many underground works. Therefore, a roller coaster indeed entering underground is envisaged also benefiting from the steep slides using the natural height of the hill.
The designers also plan the construction of a green school with many rope bridges where children learn to survive in extreme conditions, along a trail for extreme mountain bikers. The ideas are piling up, but all of them have a common aim: to have a Disneyland for recreation and sport.
Adapted from Standart
More on the topic
- 23.12.2013 Bulgaria's Bansko – Europe's cheapest ski resort
- 29.10.2013 French plan to invest EUR 550M in Bulgaria’s largest ever ski project
- 02.10.2013 BBC shows drunkenness in Sunny Beach / Video
- 06.09.2013 Bulgaria's tourism industry calls for anti-crisis measures
- 08.08.2013 Envoy: Bulgaria to See Increase in Israeli Tourists despite Burgas Bombing
- 31.07.2013 24 British Tourists Die in Bulgaria in Summer 2012
- 09.07.2013 Sobering-up station for tourists to be established at the Sunny Beach
- 16.01.2013 5% increase in number of passengers flying to and from Bulgarian Black Sea airports
- 15.01.2013 Tourist project to revive Vidin Region
- 03.01.2013 Bulgarian tourism should aim at traditional markets
- 18.12.2012 300 km of hiking routes to be restored across Vitosha Mountain
- 17.11.2012 New bike lanes will connect Burgas with the vicinage